Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Real Deal.


Welcome to the very first blog about my Barn. Yes, I am officially the proud counselor of Barn 12, the Real Deal. For those of you who don't know, Barn 12 is the oldest group of girls who have attended K Kountry the most years in a row. It's an honor and a privilege to be in this barn and obviously is a huge deal. This barn is full of the oldest and most mature girls at kamp. This will be their last year at our kamp so they also get special privileges and trips. I am so honored to be their counselor. My Co is named Elizabeth Davis and is from Samford University. It's such a blessing to have one of the best counselors of the term living and working with me. She is so great and fun! She's a huge asset to making me a better counselor. I am once again reminded of the Lord's sovereignty and faithfulness. I was pretty nervous about all this and He shines through once again to remind me that He is in control and loves me so much that He would orchestrate all this greatness into my life. It's such a blessing to have a leadership team who prays consistently over the staff and hears and follows what the Lord would have them do to make Him more known about this Kamp. My girls are so incredible!! I never knew that 12 eleven year old would be so cool. I feel like a loser compared to them!! They are so fun to be around and love being here. It's an amazing encouragement to me, especially in a difficult time because all my old staff buddies left the same day my girls arrived. The girls have amazing attitudes and I am just like a proud Mom to call them mine. We have already had dress up, ski trip, scavenger hunts, and great conversations. I'm not just saying this, but I really do feel like I have the BEST group of girls at Kamp. Each one has already began to reveal their personality and I can't wait to see what else they have to offer. I am so thankful for this opportunity and hope that you will join me in praying over this group of ladies. My challenge for myself is to leave this place deeper in love with Jesus and impact at least one life for the sake of His kingdom. Join with me as we run to the Cross in hopes that one day we will meet our Savior who gave it all for us. I can't help but be about Him. I'm super lucky to have this group of girls. Get Excited for More, because I am positive I'll have great stories and awesome pictures!! Term 4- Let the Games Begin! 


No comments: